PDN Analyzer powered by CST® version 184.108.40.206 Release Notes
(Previously released version 220.127.116.11)
Altium has updated the PDN Analyzer extension to resolve existing issues and preclude analysis with invalid setup parameters. Altium's PDN Analyzer is working to eliminate the possibility of initiating a simulation only to find it was invalid due to an erroneous setup parameter. Below is a list of the issues addressed and changes made to the current release of the extension.
- Check that load has non-zero amperage: entering 0A as a current sink isn't allowed.
- Ensure valid stackup before enabling simulation: checks stackup parameters and disables simulation if any are not valid:
- Invalid dielectric constant (<1)
- 0 thickness for dielectric or conductor
- Ensure a maximum of 2 nets in the path between the source and load power nets. If there are more than 2 nets between the source and load power nets, the user will be asked "Many nets between source and loads, proceed with simulation?" (Yes, No). This warns the user that they may have built an erroneous path (see Source to Load path section in the PDN Analyzer Guide).
- Collect data on errors: if the user has agreed to participate in the Altium Product Improvement Program, collect the following data:
- If simulation run was successful or not
- Error codes and messages
- Net count in the path, load count, source count, ODB file size, ODB++ generation time, and simulation run server time.
- Need to print cause of any red !'s, tell user what failed. If a red exclamation mark is shown, we will print the failure in the messages dialogue:
- "Error: Source <U#> exceeded max allowed PWR supply DC current magnitude. Allowed: x.xxxA, Actual: x.xxxA"
- "Error: Source <U#> exceeded max allowed PWR pin current magnitude. Allowed: x.xxxA, Actual: x.xxxA"
- "Error: Source <U#> exceeded max allowed GND pin current magnitude. Allowed: x.xxxA, Actual: x.xxxA"
- "Error: Load <U#> did not meet minimum required DC Voltage magnitude. Minimum: x.xxxV, Actual: x.xxxV"
- Difference in current densities reported as maximum (from auto-scale) and when probed. Auto-scaling showed maximum current density as 1.2GA/m^2, but when probing the largest current density observed was 0.2GA/m^2. Reading the .json file verified that there were current 1.2GA/m^2 densities. Software has been fixed – now probing agrees w/ that reported by auto-scaling.
- PDN Analyzer was not interpreting strings correctly: converting the string "0Rab", if a is zero, the zero is discarded. This was fixed.
Older pcbdoc's don't have SimulationDummy.PcbDoc.htm file, so simulation fails. This was fixed.