The Altium Development team are pleased to announce the 13th update for Altium Designer.
This release is an important milestone in that it improves the update process through a new patching system, allowing us to deliver regular, frequent and significant updates in the future.
This new patching system has the benefit of delivering much smaller sized updates. Each patch is dramatically smaller than the files that are currently used in the update process, and the downloads required for an update are significantly reduced. It also provides more flexibility in the development that we can deliver, especially where a new feature or fix may require updates to all plug-ins. So once you have this update installed, future updates will be much smaller. Should you wish to use the patching with this update and take advantage of the smaller update now, please read instructions.
We have also included other enhancements to AD10, which we believe many of you will appreciate:
- A new Schematic CTRL+drag mode for accurately placing graphical objects without being constrained by the current grid settings
- Improvements to text rendering in the Schematic editor to provide better conformity between printed outputs and on-screen display
- Added option in the Find Similar Objects dialog to update the Inspector to the same scope
- Improvements have been made to the IDF Exporter.
Most of these, plus others, have resulted from requests submitted to BugCrunch. Thank you to those who submitted and voted for them.
For full information on this update, read the release notes.
The delivery of this update affects the following 10 modules:
- System Components category: Altium Designer Base, Altium Designer Support, PCB System, PCB Support, Schematic System, Soft Design Support
- Hardware Support Packages category: Device Support - Altera Stratix III
- Importers and Exporters category: Exporter - IDF, Importer - IDF
- Output Generators category: Output - ODB
Installation of these updated modules will bring their revision up to 10.747.23074. The Platform Build number will also update to 10.747.23074 as the Altium Designer Base module is updated.
To update your Altium Designer 10 installation, ensure you are using a license with valid subscription. Go to the Plug-in page (DXP >> Plug-ins and Updates) and select “Update All”. If you don’t see the update, use the “Refresh” link in top right hand corner of the Plugins page.
Note: If you are using a Private Server license or Standalone license, and you have renewed your subscription since activation, you will be required to reactivate your license to obtain this and future updates.
For those who installed directly from DVD, you can access the updates by changing a setting in preferences: System >> Installation Manager, change the Remote Repository Location to http://installation.altium.com
If you are wanting to install a new build containing this update, please download the latest Installer/Uninstaller to support this build.