The Altium Development team are pleased to announce a new update for Altium Designer.
This update includes a new Schematic feature: Specific No ERC Directives. This was introduced in response to BugCrunch report #152 and was further discussed with the Altium Community in the AltiumLive Blogs (read first blog and second blog). The No ERC Directives can now suppress specific violations so that only the selected warning or error conditions are suppressed and any other warning or error will be detected and reported.
Read more about this new feature in the wiki under Schematic No ERC.
This update also includes 14 BugCrunch fixes in addition to the No ERC Directives. These include:
- Added the options to include all notes, exclude collapsed notes, or exclude all notes from print and PDF outputs.
- The "Update from PCB library" command now shows differences between pad holes.
- The board insight display panel now redraws the preview panel to match the primitives as they are added to the panel on hover.
- Net on shelved polygon is now correctly updated when updated from Schematic document.
- PCB DRC now issues warning if document contains shelved polygons.
- A new option was added to NCDrill Settings dialogue that will allow the user to output the EIA Binary Drill file or not. The default for this option is to not generate this NCDrill output type.
For full information on this update, read the release notes.
The delivery of this update affects the following 14 modules:
- System Components category: Altium Designer Base, Altium Designer Support, PCB System, PCB Support, Schematic System, Soft Design System, Soft Design Support
- FPGA Components category: Instrument - Digital IO
- Output Generators category: Output - NC-Drill, Output - ERC, Output - STEP, Printer - Schematic
- Importers and Exporters category: Importer - CADSTAR, Importer PADS
Installation of these updated modules will bring their revision up to 10.700.22943. The Platform Build number will also update to 10.700.22943 as the Altium Designer Base module is updated.
To update your Altium Designer 10 installation, ensure you are using a license with valid subscription. Go to the Plug-in page (DXP >> Plug-ins and Updates) and select “Update All”. If you don’t see the update, use the “Refresh” link in top right hand corner of the Plugins page.
Note: If you are using a Private Server license or Standalone license, and you have renewed your subscription since activation, you will be required to reactivate your license to obtain this and future updates.
For those who installed directly from DVD, you can access the updates by changing a setting in preferences: System >> Installation Manager, change the Remote Repository Location to http://installation.altium.com