This update focuses on addressing issues that have been raised in BugCrunch and includes:
- Cutouts no longer generated on mechanical and drill layers in PCB print based outputs.
- In the PCB Release view, an error message is produced if the target output folders can not be deleted prior to output generation.
- Dimensions referenced to an Embedded Board Array now show up properly when loading a design.
- Copy Room Formats now correctly copies components when Selected Objects is checked and no longer generates no longer generates Channel Offset errors.
- PCB Special strings used in bar-code text will now be correctly translated so the bar-code value will be that of the underlying text not the special string itself.
- Fixed issue where PcbDoc's exported as STEP would load incorrectly into Catia.
Thank you to those who logged these issues in BugCrunch, nominated them, and voted for them!
On this topic, I’d just like to assure everyone that all bugs reported to us through BugCrunch or other means remain in our system. So if you’ve reported a bug through BugCrunch and it doesn’t get voted through, it is still listed in our system and we will get around to fixing it in the normal course of development. All issues accepted within BugCrunch will be addressed by the development team.
Having said that, this release also includes updates for the Allegro and PADS importers, as well as other various other fixes that were on our internal queue.
For detailed information on what is delivered with this update, read the release notes.
The delivery of this update affects the following 7 modules:
- System Components category:
Altium Designer Base, PCB System, PCB Support
- Importers and Exporters category:
Importer - Allegro, Importer - PADS
- Output Generators:
Output - STEP, Printer - PCB
Installation of these updated modules will bring their revision up to 10.577.22514. The Platform Build number will also update to 10.577.22514 as the Altium Designer Base module is updated.
To update your Altium Designer 10 installation, go to the Plug-in page (DXP >> Plug-ins and Updates) and select “Update All”.
(If you don’t see the update, use the “Refresh” link in top right hand corner of the Plugins page.)
For those who installed directly from DVD, you can access the updates by changing a setting in preferences: System >> Installation Manager, change the Remote Repository Location to http://installation.altium.com
If you are wanting to install a new build containing this update, please download the latest Installer/Uninstaller to support this build.